My MK1 Golf, Dilbert

Documenting my Mk1 Golf show car build

Friday, September 18, 2009

Slight change of plan

Posted by marc keeley |


Leather
Originally uploaded by MK1Golf

We've had a change of plan with the interior colour, yes already. Well not exactly a change as it was one of the colours we really liked from the outset after seeing a couple of red hot rods with tan interiors. The second one with the purplish red paintwork is especially nice.

So I've bought 4 Connolly leather hides in a warm tan with a nice grain, so nothing like white we'd latterly been considering. Haven't decided yet whether to go all tan or mix it with dashes of perforated black to match the leather on the steering wheel.

I still like the idea of vertical padding so the basic design will remain the same, almost certainly, probably, perhaps...

I'm not sure about using it as headlining, might be a bit too much, perhaps better in cream, will have to think. If we don't use it for headlining but still have enough left then perhaps leather carpets instead?

I've been Google'ing like mad researching how to retrim but there isn't a whole lot of info out there on seats, however I did find this useful article. The site is worth signing up to as, although it's primarily hot rod related, there are plenty of nuggets of information you can pick up and use. I don't think the retrim is going to be easy and will probably regret starting but, hey, it's something different. You never know it might actually turn out OK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe